The History of Herschel
Founded in 2009 by brothers Jamie and Lyndon Cormack, Herschel Supply Co. adopted the name of the town where three generations of their family grew up. They are based in Vancouver, Canada. It is a driven global accessories brand that produces quality products with a fine regard for detail.
They are driven to provide an everyday traveller with amazing bags and accessories. Herschel Supply’s Classic Collection has been thoughtfully designed throughout. Featuring timeless silhouettes inspired by the world around us. Each item has a bit of nostalgia but continues to be modern and fashionable.
The Herschel Supply is an expression of the creativity and imagination of every department. Drawing inspiration from all corners of the world, this unique and unconventional collection is for people who love different things and want to be unique.
Herschel head quarters are based where they were founded in Vancouver’s downtown port district. The brothers are relishing what running a brand that is desirable is like.
Their offices are very modern and fashionable in which you realise what design really means to them. They set out originally to be a global based company and records show they are achieving their original goals.
They have collaborated with companies and organizations such as Major League Baseball, Coca-Cola and Disney and have invested in high-fashion companies like Need Supply and Totokaelo.
The brothers followed seven rules that led to their success:
- You should always think big! Always aim to be global, there is always room to get better and bigger. Set goals every few months and at the end of the month, asses what worked well and what could be improved in order to get better in the future.
- You should design strategically. Working out what brand you will be helping and work together to reach goals, and work towards their targets. It’s like giving people what they want, there is no point designing something that you like if it does not match the stereotypical customer.
- There is usually more than meets the eye with brand relationships. With Herschel’s collaboration with Coca-Cola they use recycled coke bottles into their bags. They have different merchandise that you’d usually expect from Coca-Cola in which you get first chance at trying or buying.
- You’ll sometimes get testers or even free gifts from time to time. A healthy relationship with your partners should always be nearly top of the agenda.
- Aiming to do something else that nobody is doing is a great way of making sure your name is in the spotlight. Having an open mind about what type colour/size of merchandise you’re going to sell with allow you to appeal to more people. Outing your stamp on things will also gain you credit.
- The boring parts of owning a business are also crucial to get right. In terms of finance always make sure you are making money, otherwise you will be in trouble before you’ve even began. You do not show the world this part of your company but you should always be on top of things.
- Giving customers and insight into your business and allowing them to understand what you stand for and what you’re all about is essential to creating a bond with your customers. If you are relatable then there is more chance they will buy your product again.
- Finally, and most importantly you should have faith in your own idea. If you do not have full faith in your own idea, then who will? You need to keep on working hard to develop your brand otherwise you will be left behind and struggling for customers. Putting your name on your brand is really something to be proud of.
Written by Ryan Lewis
What did you think of this post?
Not for me!